Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorite Gluten and Dairy Free Snacks

Just thought it would be helpful to list the things Savannah enjoys for snacks that are gluten and dairy free.

  • Hormel turkey pepperoni - I got our current pack on sale at Aldi but I'm sure they can be found at Food Lion and Harris Teeter.
  • Popcorn - we pop ours on the stove top using coconut oil and adding a little bit of salt once it's popped
  • Rice krispy treats - I try to keep individual portions in the freezer.
  • Fresh fruit - we do a lot of oranges, apples, bananas and grapes right now.  I can't wait for the Spring so we can have yummy berries.
  • Baby carrots - these are hit and miss.  She especially loves the teeny tiny ones.
  • Peanut butter banana bites
  • Smoothies - like this one, or one of these, or this one, or this one,
  • Nuts - she likes most everything she's tried but we typically stick with pistachios and peanuts
  • Peanut butter on a spoon - our kids LOVE this!
  • Raisins, cranberries
  • Peanut butter cookies - again, I keep these in the freezer.
  • Chex cereal - they have some really good flavors now that are gluten free!  Our favorites are the honey nut and cinnamon.
  • Plain potato chips
  • Corn tortilla chips - she tried guacamole the other night and liked it.  Occasionally she'll eat salsa or dip that I've made
  • Yogurt - yes, this is dairy....but it doesn't seem to bother her.  And, she doesn't get it all the time.  Maybe once a week.  I either make some or I will buy a plain, greek yogurt.  I like Fage.  We have recently been using this in place of sour cream.  Delicious.  For snacking I usually mix in a little honey or homemade jam or fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment